Who we are looking for
Van Oord Offshore Wind Germany GmbH
Offshore Construction Manager Wind (m/f/d) - Application deadline 30.09.2022
Are you ready for a new challenge, working on offshore wind projects? Are you creative and capable of operating independently? Do you have innovative ideas and are you interested in a job that challenges you every day? For our offshore wind projects worldwide, we are looking for Offshore Construction Managers
In the role of Offshore Construction Manager Wind, you will have joint operational responsibility for the preparation and execution of installation on projects.
As an Offshore Construction Manager, you will be working at our offshore wind offices in the preparatory phase and on board one of our installation vessels during execution.
- Responsible for the safety of the offshore installation activities on board the vessel;
- Involved in improving the working methods and the associated project-specific equipment;
- In charge of the installation team on board the installation vessel;
- Handles daily communication with the Marine Warranty Surveyor and the client on board;
- Helps optimise the installation process;
- Plays a coordinating role during execution, together with the Construction Manager;
- Provides operational management for the subcontractors on board;
- Reports to the Construction Manager on progress, contractual and other deviations and lessons learned;
- Has joint budgetary responsibility for his/her scope.
- Higher professional education, at an intellectual and professional level;
- Ideally 10 years of operational experience, mainly on complex projects, including several years installing offshore wind farms;
- An independent, practical and creative person who can solve problems, dares to make decisions and is able to work well in a team environment;
- The ability to motivate and lead the cable installation team and play a coordinating role towards the maritime crew, project team, subcontractors and other stakeholders on board the installation ship;
- Strong communication and social skills;
- A good command of the English language;
- Working as part of a 24/7 operation.
Apply for the position online by filling out the form below. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Tina Stanzione.