As Van Oord, we work to create a better world for future generations by delivering Marine Ingenuity.
Van Oord is an internationally active company focusing on dredging and offshore wind power. The company is family-owned, headquartered in Rotterdam (Netherlands) and employs 5,300 people worldwide.
Offshore wind is one of the fastest growing markets for green energy. Not only in Western Europe, but also elsewhere in the world, wind farms are being considered to make electricity supply more sustainable. By building offshore wind farms, Van Oord is contributing to the energy transition. In order to maintain our leading position and keep up with the influx of projects in the coming years, we are looking for an Accounting Clerk (m/f/d) for our Offshore Wind division in Hamburg (DE).
In this position you will support the accounting team.
- Work in an international environment, especially close cooperation with our parent company in the Netherlands
- Checking, account assignment and posting of outgoing invoices as well as travel expense and credit card statements
- Collaborate with local finance team on account clarification.
- Monitoring of invoice releases
- Processing of national and international payment transactions
- Posting bank account statements
- Account reconciliation
- Clarification of clearing accounts and processing of corresponding oncharges to third parties
- Intercompany reconciliation
- Support in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements
- Information on payroll tax and social security issues
- Successfully completed commercial training or a comparable qualification, ideally as an accountant (m/f/d)
- Knowledge of payroll and labor law would be an asset
- Strong communication skills and service orientation
- Confident handling of MS Office and very good knowledge of Excel
- Good written and spoken English
- Independent, precise and structured way of working
- You are dedicated, flexible and team oriented
You will work with us in an international, very challenging and dynamic company, with the opportunity to make a real impact on our business, people and the environment. We offer you a complete package with excellent additional benefits. The package includes but is not limited to
- Flexible working hours (trust-based working hours)
- Part-time contract (~20 hours/week)
- Mobile working 2 days per week
- 30 days vacation
- Company pension plan
- VWL allowance
- Variable bonus payment
- Germany ticket subsidy
- Extensive learning and (personal) development opportunities through continuing education and courses as well as learning platforms
- Sports and foreign languages
You can also expect:
- A modern and international working environment with flat hierarchies;
- A highly motivated team where everyone can contribute, with a great team spirit;
- A central and lively location in Hamburg City South with ideal bus and train connections;
- Team events, fresh fruit (great fruit salad), water, coffee specialties, canteen and cafeteria.
Do you want to join our team?
Then send your complete application documents (preferably in English) to: Bewerbung@vanoord.com. Your contact person is Florian.
Want to learn more about Van Oord and be notified of other open positions? Come on board and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!