Who we are looking for
Van Oord Offshore Wind Germany GmbH
Superintendent Offshore Wind (m/f/d) - Application deadline 30.09.2022
For our offshore wind projects, we are looking for Superintendents for our various Offshore Wind work fields, packages and installation vessels spread all over the world.
Van Oord is offering a position as Superintendent Offshore Wind in the broadest sense within the Renewables industry. With Van Oord you get the opportunity to specialize and develop yourself into a specific scope of work, and/or expand and broaden your knowledge within the variety this industry has to offer. If it’s your fresh and objective view or it’s your wide experience, specialization or passion, with Van Oord you are able to contribute to innovations and developments being part of one of the many phases that comes within Offshore Wind Park Construction.
In the role of Superintendent, you will be responsible for the preparation, mobilization, execution and de-mobilization of installation projects, while taking care of project-specific requirements, safety and your team. You will work alternately on board of our Van Oord and chartered vessels, at our office in Gorinchem and/or at project site locations.
• Offshore Installation Vessels • Heavy Lifting • Monopiles • Transition Pieces • Piles • Offshore Drilling • Jackets • Turbines • Jack-up Vessels • On Board • Mobilization • On-site • Barges • De-mobilization • Load outs • Feeder ports • Onshore • Offshore
• Cable Lay • Cable Pull • Termination & Testing • Commissioning • Mobilization • Cable Trenching & Burial • On Board • Offshore Installation Vessels • Barges • Offshore • On-site • Nearshore • De-mobilization • Offshore Support Vessels • Shallow water
- Ensure that the project is executed as per the Project plans, in a safe and timely manner;
- Be part of preparing the operational execution part of installation works;
- Drawing up and follow up on documentation, such as method statements, work procedures and reports;
- Follow up and go through work instructions and safety requirements with the operational crew and/or teams;
- Collaborate with the operational Teams and Lead, Coordinate and Motivate them;
- Coordinate and advice in the event of technical problems and challenges;
- Liaise and act as a link between all in- and external Stakeholders on an operational level;
- Report to and liaise with (Offshore) Construction Manager versus Site Management.
- A Technical, Mechanical, Maritime or Civil degree and/or learned on the job;
- Work and think on a higher vocational intellectual and professional level;
- Preferably at least 3 years of operational experience within the industry;
- A good command of the English language, spoken and written;
- Strong communication and social skills;
- An independent, practical, creative and driven personality who’s able to solve problems, dares to take decisions and in favour of working in a team environment;
- A flexible attitude with regard to working alternately on board, on project locations and office preparations on various types of (rotation) schedules.
Apply for the position online by filling out the form below. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Tina Stanzione.