Who we are looking for
As Van Oord, we work to create a better world for future generations, by delivering Marine Ingenuity.
Van Oord is an internationally active company with a focus on dredging and offshore wind. The company is family-owned, has its headquarters in Rotterdam (Netherlands) and employs 5,300 people worldwide. The Offshore Wind division includes the design, manufacture and installation of foundations for offshore wind turbines and the laying of cables, as well as the turnkey construction of offshore wind farms. The work is mainly carried out with the company's own installation and cable laying vessels.
In the role of Material Coordinator, you support your assigned project in the preparation and execution phase. This involves preparing mobilizations and setting up storage structures on the projects according to the Van Oord guidelines and systems. During the project you are fully responsible for the stock management and afterwards you support the demobilization to our yards or possible other projects. You are the central point of contact within the supply chain for the project, the project buyers and the logistics colleagues.
- Maintaining the project warehouse on the shipyard(s) incl. periodic stock checks using Cycle Counts/Wall to Wall counts.
- Preparation (mock-up) and consolidation for projects at the Van Oord shipyards.
- Receiving and checking incoming materials based on the purchase order and reporting any deviations.
- Managing the stores/warehouse on site safely and efficiently in line with QHSE policy.
- Ensuring proper storage of project materials, under the required conditions.
- Maintaining stock records in accordance with company procedures and system to ensure that the database is under control and updated daily.
- Maintain customs scope including permanent vs. temporary imported items.
- Manage inventory of customer supplied materials.
- Managing the inventory of rental equipment.
- Receive, maintain and archive all relevant documentation including shipping documents, delivery notes, MSDSs and certificates.
- Provide project team (on/offshore) with required information regarding tracking and tracing of material and equipment.
- Issue inventory to project per request.
- Monitoring, inspecting and recording material deliveries.
- Tracking and tracing of materials and expediting.
- Performing a material reconciliation of all materials upon completion of a project, and arranging for storage, disposal and/or return of excess materials.
- Prepare shipping manifests / packing lists for demobilized materials and equipment.
- Train non-STAR IPS users in the creation of requisitions and materials.
- Pro-actively identify and introduce opportunities for improvement.
We are looking for a real team player with a customer-oriented attitude and a strong organisational skillset. Someone who can function well in a dynamic and sometimes hectic environment. In addition, you have or are:
- A completed education in logistics or supply chain.
- Willing to work on a rotational basis in an international project environment.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar position, preferably within a project organisation.
- Knowledge of shipping conditions and transport documents.
- Familiar with logistics related issues such as trade and customs compliance, dangerous goods and Inco conditions.
- Experience with Microsoft software (Excel/Word/Outlook).
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication and social skills.
- Proaktive und selbständige Arbeitsweise.
- Good command of the English language in word and writing, Dutch and/or Spanish is a plus.
- Proactive and self-starting ability.
- EU nationality.
We offer you:
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- Flexible working hours (trust-based working hours), mobile working 2 days a week and 30 vacation days;
- Modern and international working environment with flat hierarchy;
- A highly motivated team in which everyone can make a contribution
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- A central and lively location in Hamburg-City South with ideal bus and rail connections;
- Subsidized HVV-ProfiTicket, Company pension plan, VWL allowance and a variable bonus.
- Team events, fresh fruits, water, coffee specialties, in-house canteen and cafeteria, sport and language classes included.
Do you want to be part of Van Oord?
Bewerben Sie sich online auf die Stelle, indem Sie das unten stehende Formular ausfüllen. Sollten Sie weitere Fragen haben, können Sie sich gerne an Tina Stanzione wenden.