Who we are looking for
Will you join us in winning our next contract?
As T&I Engineer Offshore Wind, you will play an integral role in the tendering process for offshore wind projects in which your input can make the difference. Is working out transport and installation concepts for complex offshore wind projects what gets you excited? Would you like to team up with colleagues to go for the winning bid? If so, read on to find out what Van Oord has on offer.
Our Offshore Wind business unit takes on multidisciplinary and complex tenders. Together with the tender team, you will be laying the foundations for successful offshore wind farm projects such as Borssele III & IV, Kriegers Flak, Norther, and Deutsche Bucht.
After Van Oord has been prequalified as a contractor for a project, a tender team is put together. You will start the new tender by going through all the project documentation and a tender kick-off with the team headed by the Tender Manager. Using all available input, you will start preparing a trade-off of different installation methods and logistic setups. When necessary, you will seek feedback to ensure that you can provide the tender team with advice as quickly as possible. You will often deal with tight deadlines, so goal-oriented work and excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
As a T&I Engineer, you will prepare a technically valid production estimate, including a weather downtime analysis, for tenders. To this end, you will supplement your own experience by analysing past projects and liaising with the relevant experts within Van Oord. Based upon the chosen strategy, you will provide the tender team with the optimal solution, using in-house developed and 3rd party software.
You will have a good understanding of logistic concepts and the capabilities and limits of marine equipment. Because of this, you will not only be able to set up a calculation, but you will also understand what is really going on in the field. In this way, you can advise the tender team, based on your specialty, on the most optimal solution.
Other tasks and responsibilities
- Coordination with relevant departments, such as Engineering, Operations and Ship Management, with the aim of drawing up an accurate and technically feasible production estimate.
- Coordination with our risk and planning specialist(s) to strive for fully integrated project management.
- Offering support during the execution phase of a project, ensuring constant feedback of lessons learned. Regular visits to projects & vessels are strongly encouraged.
- Actively developing your expertise by keeping informed on the latest developments in the market and identifying possible opportunities for Van Oord.
- As a person, you are immune to stress and have the capacity to work methodically, but above all you are a team player with excellent communication skills. You also bring:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in a technical field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Experience with logistic and weather simulation software is a plus.
- Experience in the offshore (wind) industry.
- Excellent command of the English language, verbally as well as in writing.
Apply for the position online by filling out the form below. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Tina Stanzione.