As Van Oord, we work to create a better world for future generations by delivering Marine Ingenuity.
Van Oord is an internationally active company focusing on dredging and offshore wind power. The company is family-owned, headquartered in Rotterdam (Netherlands) and employs 5,300 people worldwide.
Offshore wind is one of the fastest growing markets for green energy. Not only in Western Europe, but also elsewhere in the world, wind farms are being considered to make electricity supply more sustainable. By building offshore wind farms, Van Oord is contributing to the energy transition. To maintain our leading position and keep up with the influx of projects in the coming years, we are looking for a Regional Finance Manager for our Offshore Wind and Dredging (“Wasserbau”) division in Hamburg, Germany.
As a Regional Finance Manager you provide financial insight and decision support during tenders, awards and project execution, to ensure compliance with the Risk & Internal Control Framework and to drive local financial excellence and performance.
You remotely act as the contact person for finance / compliance related matters in the assigned region for the Business Unit.
This role reports functionally to the Business Controller In the Netherlands and hierarchically to the Director Van Oord Offshore Wind Germany GmbH.
Your key tasks and responsibilities
- You are responsible for the cash flow and the financial position of Van Oord Offshore Wind GmbH and Van Oord Wasserbau GmbH
- Manage and monitor cash, cash flow forecasting
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting both of local entity / region and Group requirements (e.g., BMR, project reporting, cash flow forecasting)
- You are responsible for financial budgeting / forecasting and providing scenario analysis
- Manage local / regional administration
- Manage local / regional payroll (if applicable)
- Manage local taxes, income tax, VAT, and withholding tax
- Ensure compliance with the Van Oord Risk & Internal Control Framework
- Ensure compliance with the One Way of Working and with (local) laws and regulations
- Ensure finalization of financial statements
- Provide expert advice on local / regional finance and compliance matters
- Signal possibilities for process improvement by digitalization and RPA and translates those to common practice
Tax, Legal and Statutory matters
- Ensure accurate completion of tax returns and tax filing of the local entity / region in compliance with the Group Tax Policy, Tax Control Framework and in close alignment with Group Fiscal Affairs
- Monitor changes in tax legislation, oversees difficult tax regimes and ensures implementation of tax structures in compliance with the Tax Control Framework and in close alignment with Group Fiscal Affairs
- Ensure accurate completion of statutory accounts
People & Development
- Effectively managerially lead, coach, train and direct a local / regional Finance team
- Participate in training and coaching (learning & development) within Van Oord
- Business Unit Director F&C, Business Unit Business Controller, Global FSSC Manager / Team Leads, Group Treasury, Group Fiscal Affairs, Local Management
- Manage audits and liaises with local / regional accounting firms, tax authorities and banks.
As a person, you are able to take on challenges and find solutions, but above all you are a team player with excellent communication skills.
You’ll also bring:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in business economics / accounting.
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in various (senior) accounting roles in an international project environment.
- The ability to work with less pre-determined or predictable guidelines and different deadlines.
- Digital affinity and keen on process improvement
- Culturally sensitive
- Ability to (inter)act with senior internal and external parties / stakeholders (e.g. clients, JV-partners, subcontractors, auditors, regulatory officers).
- A hands-on mentality and the ability to think in solutions.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written. Other languages are preferred.
You will work with us in an international, very challenging and dynamic company, with the opportunity to make a real impact on our business, people and the environment. We offer you a complete package with excellent additional benefits. The package includes but is not limited to
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience
- Flexible working hours (trust-based working hours)
- 40 hrs. contract
- Mobile working 2 days per week
- 30 days vacation
- Company pension plan
- VWL allowance
- Variable bonus payment
- Company car
- Germany-ticket subsidy (Deutschland-Ticket)
- Extensive learning and (personal) development opportunities through continuing education and courses as well as learning platforms
- Sports and foreign languages
You can also expect:
- A modern and international working environment with flat hierarchies;
- a highly motivated team in which everyone can contribute, with a great team spirit;
- A central and lively location in Hamburg City South with ideal bus and train connections;
- Team events, fresh fruit (great fruit salad), water, coffee specialties, canteen and cafeteria.
Do you want to join our team?
Then send your complete application documents (preferably in English) to: Bewerbung@vanoord.com. Your contact person is Florian.
Want to learn more about Van Oord and be notified of other open positions? Come on board and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!