Are you looking for a job in which you are intellectually challenged every day? Then read about what Van Oord can offer you. For our international projects we are looking for a senior legal counsel.
As Senior Legal Counsel you will actively support the Business Unit Offshore Energy in the acquisition and execution of international projects. In that capacity, the identification, analysis and management of legal and contractual risks are of the utmost importance.
You will also advise the Procurement Department, play an important role in contract standardisation and represent the Legal Department in drafting and negotiating subcontracts, joint venture and consortium agreements.
You will be based in Hamburg and occasionally required to travel abroad on short business trips.
You will be working closely together with the technical and commercial colleagues at head office, and with the operational colleagues on site. Your focus is not only on the legal side of things but also on the operational and commercial aspects that come into play.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include
- Analysing tender documents, issued by international clients (both public and private entities);
- Identifying legal and contractual risks;
- Drafting contractual conditions that qualify our commercial offer;
- Supporting your commercial colleagues at negotiations;
- Drafting the complete spectrum of contractual documents and agreements required for the correct execution of an international project, from pre-qualification to final taking-over;
- Contributing in the development and implementation of standard contracts, company policies and other procedures with legal implications;
- Handling legal disputes in cooperation with the area management, the project team and where necessary with external counsel.
You need to be permitted to work in the EU and prepared to live in the Germany.
We expect you to be a pro-active, self-confident, constructive and creative advisor, who looks for solutions, values teamwork and can put things in perspective. The ideal candidate is capable of working in different teams and on different projects simultaneously. Because Van Oord has live projects in various parts of the world and in different time zones, some flexibility with regard to working times is important.
- a Master’s degree in law, with a specialisation in construction or maritime law;
- At least six years of working experience preferably in civil or marine construction;
- Experience with FIDIC, NEC, LOGIC and/or BIMCO standard contracts is a plus;
- Experience with contracts governed by English law;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is crucial, knowledge of other languages is a plus;
- Well-developed negotiating and drafting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to perform well under pressure.
Work in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have an impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience
- Flexible working hours (trust-based working hours)
- 40 hrs. contract, if you wish something else, please let us know.
- Mobile working 2 days per week
- 30 days vacation
- Company pension plan
- VWL allowance
- Variable bonus payment
- Germany ticket subsidy
- Extensive learning and (personal) development opportunities through continuing education and courses as well as learning platforms
- Sports and foreign languages
You can also expect:
- A modern and international working environment with flat hierarchies;
- a highly motivated team in which everyone can contribute, with a great team spirit;
- A central and lively location in Hamburg City South with ideal bus and train connections;
- Team events, fresh fruit (great fruit salad), water, coffee specialties, canteen and cafeteria.
Do you want to join our team?
Then send your complete application documents (preferably in English) to: Bewerbung@vanoord.com. Your contact person is Florian.
Want to learn more about Van Oord and be notified of other open positions? Come on board and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!